Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Classical Gas


I consider myself extremely liberal when it comes to music. I see myself as eclectic and inclusive. I appreciate everything including Classical, but for some reason, the thought of going to an opera conjures up visions of lighting myself on fire and running through a 3rd story glass window all the while shouting, "No mas. No mas!"

But I also know how music can be, and if someone can interest you in just a small aspect of a genre, you can ultimately find yourself immersed in a world you never knew existed.

So I have never written anything about classical or opera for fear that my lack of knowledge would do irreparable damage to a potential fan.

Fortunately for me, my friend Karen Lin at Zoomer Media, home of Classical 96.3 FM has hit the blogosphere with her own freaky little attempt to convince a world of music listeners to give the classics a try. I don't know if it will work, but her most recent post had me amused, and oddly uncomfortable.

In order to help you, my gracious readers understand, I am going to do something terribly unconventional in blogger world. I am going to refer you to another blog.

Trust me. You will thank me not only for helping you open up new horizons, but for sharing a very interesting and humorous little read.

http://www.karenokelive.com/2009/11/balls-of-fury.html

It's a gas... Classical Gas. Get it? Ha ha...okay, just click the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment